Due to inclement weather, Charles County Government will open at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 9 with the liberal leave policy in effect for all non-essential employees.
The following facilities and services will begin operations at 10 a.m.:
• The Landfill, all Recycling Centers, and Piney Church Road Mulch Facility
• Charles County Circuit Court
The following facilities and services will begin operations at 11 a.m.:
• Crain Memorial Welcome Center (12480 Crain Highway, Newburg)
• Charles County Health Department
• College of Southern Maryland (all campuses)
The following facilities and services will be closed:
• Nanjemoy Community Center
• All senior centers
• Meals on Wheels program
• All school-based community centers
• Lackey High School, Donald M. Wade Aquatic Center, and North Point High School indoor pools.
• Charles County Public Schools and activities
Due to the closure of Crain Highway, the VanGO 8:30 a.m. Newburg route is not operating. All other routes are operating on schedule.
The following facilities will make a decision on operations by 2 p.m. today:
• Elite Gymnastics and Recreation Center
• Port Tobacco Recreation Center
Get the latest Charles County severe weather updates:
Charles County Government website: www.CharlesCountyMD.gov
Charles County Government Television (CCGTV): Comcast channel 95 or Verizon channel 10
SMECO Power Outage Map: stormcenter.smeco.coop (Call 877-747-6326 to report an outage.)
Sign up for the Citizen Notification System (CNS), the county’s free emergency notification system, at www.CharlesCountyMD.gov/CNS to receive weather, traffic, and road closure notices by text message, email, or phone. Call 9-1-1 in the event of an emergency.