Recycling Program

Recycling Program

CHARLES COUNTY RECYCLES!

Click Here to take the Charles County Recycling Survey!
 

Funded through Charles County's annual environmental service fee, our residential recycling program consists of four Recycling Centers, and seven 24-Hour Used Motor Oil and Antifreeze Collection Sites. In addition to these facilities, Curbside Recycling Collection is provided to approximately 41,372 homes located in the more densely populated areas of the county with expansions occurring as often as possible. State mandated to recycle 20% of its waste stream, in 2012 Charles County achieved a 49% recycling rate and a 4% source reduction credit equaling a total waste diversion rate of 53%.   


In those areas that receive curbside recycling service, single stream recycling materials are collected year-round on an every-other-week basis, and yard waste materials are collected weekly by a separate truck, April through December. All materials must be placed curbside by 7:00 a.m. to ensure pick-up.

A Recycling Information Hotline is available at 301-932-5656.

Main Navigation

Privacy Statement | Disclaimers

Official website of the Charles County Government